The DevOps Engineer is a part of the software team that works within a cross functional structure with software developers, bioinformaticians and lab scientists. You are a highly motivated individual with a penchant for automation and a desire to deliver quality software by increasing our DevOps maturity. Your work directly helps identify targeted treatments and clinical trials that can benefit cancer patients.
What you’ll do
- Design processes and tools to manage multiple AWS accounts for internal development and external customer releases.
- Implement policies, procedures, and tooling to ensure the security of all internal and external systems.
- Setup, customize and maintain the production environment infrastructure and automation.
- Oversee and troubleshoot rollover of the test system to the production system.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with customers and the development team to streamline code deployment and issue resolution.
- Plan, develop, document, and implement infrastructure architectural changes.
- Document problems and communicate with the teams regarding support tickets with our internal ticketing system, Jira.
- Monitor metrics and find ways to improve processes and development velocity.
Who you are
- Education: You hold a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- DevOps philosophy: A solid understanding of DevOps principles and culture.
- Interpersonal skills: Excellent communication skills– written, verbal and non-verbal. You’re considerate and have the ability to develop cooperative relationships with your team members.
- Coding: Experience programming in Python or similar languages.
- Head in the cloud: Extensive experience with Amazon’s AWS cloud environment and services such as Batch, EC2, CloudFormation, and CloudWatch.
- Tech savvy: Prior experience working with virtualization technologies, including virtual machines and containers.
- Linux: Know all about configuration, administration, optimization and monitoring of Linux, including shell scripting.
- Monitoring: Prior experience setting up and maintaining metrics and monitoring infrastructure, e.g. ELK stack or similar.
- Config automation: Expertise tracking configuration and deployments using GitHub, Jenkins, and Ansible.
- Databases & networks: Experience with administering SQL databases and a solid understanding of networks and networking concepts.
- Sharp with software tools: Solid understanding of Jira, and IT support ticketing management systems.
- Quality: Enjoy creating clear and concise technical documentation and SOPs.
- Attention to detail: Thorough and accurate
- Organizational skills: Ability to organize, meet deadlines in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Team-focused: Valuing team success and have the ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders.
Who we are
We believe everyone with cancer should have the same fighting chance to survive and thrive. We work in a rapidly evolving field that attracts smart, talented people who are committed to making a difference for cancer patients. But not everyone has access to the latest advances. People who join us are committed to bringing equity to critical aspects of cancer care. We are a lean and driven team building on this vision from the ground up. You’re a self-starter who can pitch in right away by deploying your own expertise to make this shared vision a reality.
To apply for this position, email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with job code: JD028 in the header.
We thank all applicants, however, only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.