Who we are
We believe everyone with cancer should have the same fighting chance to survive and thrive. We work in a rapidly evolving field that attracts smart, talented people who are committed to making a difference for cancer patients. But not everyone has access to the latest advances. People who join us are committed to bringing equity to critical aspects of cancer care. We are a lean and driven team building on this vision from the ground up. You’re a self-starter who can pitch in right away by deploying your own expertise to make this shared vision a reality.
The Product Owner is a part of our Product Management team, and reports to the VP, Marketing & Product Management. Our product management team brings our products to market by synthesizing, defining, prioritizing, and communicating market trends, competitive intelligence, and feedback from both internal and external users. You work independently as well as together with other product managers, software developers, database developers, bioinformaticians, clinical geneticists, and laboratory personnel.
What you’ll do
- Own and communicate the product roadmap for a software product(s) at all levels.
- Maintain a clear understanding of the competitive landscape, and how the products fit into it.
- Specify requirements for current and future features/ enhancements through ongoing discussions with customers, prospects, and internal users.
- Collaborate with the development team to generate and test user stories, prioritize the backlog, and document user journeys.
- Work closely with internal teams, to ensure internal and external customers have the best possible experience resolving their questions or issues.
- Serve as the marketing and product management representative on the product software team.
Who you are
- Education: You hold an undergraduate or graduate degree in Biological Sciences or Computing Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Industry experience: Experience working in biotechnology would be useful. Knowledge of Agile/Scrum/Lean methodologies.
- Interpersonal skills: You have excellent communication skills– written, verbal and non-verbal. You’re considerate and have the ability to develop cooperative relationships with your team members and our external partners.
- Decision making: Ability to make informed or educated decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Initiative: Ability to take initiative, make iterative improvements with a positive and
- Desire to grow: Continuously seeking ways to improve and open to learning from your team members.
- Attention to detail: You know what detail is and how to be thorough and accurate.
- Team-focused: Valuing team success and having the ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders.
Help us make cancer testing accessible to all
Canexia Health embraces a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer across race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status.
How to apply
More information on Canexia Health can be found at https://canexiahealth.com.
To apply for this position, email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with job code: JD035 in the header.
We thank all applicants, however, only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.